The Seed is a Christian Fellowship and offers so much more for the local community, charity help abroad and our faith in prayer and support. There’s much more to the Seed than we can show but Baptisms, Communions to our Ministry and Service but if you would like to be part of our growing fellowship please get in touch.
We are a small group of followers of Jesus Christ who meet together to worship God, encourage one another and BE His people where we live in the South West of the UK. We also travel and minister in various churches in the region and further afield, and have a great time with them preaching, teaching, leading worship, taking services and so on.
The Bible uses the metaphor of a seed in a number of ways :
- Jesus tells a story about a farmer who scatters seed which falls on different types of ground, and when asked by the disciples about it, explains that the seed represents the word of God (Luke 8:11). The word of God is also described as a seed in 1 Peter 1:23, when Peter writes to the believers that they have been born again not of perishable seed, but imperishable – the living word of God.
- Jesus also talks about the kingdom of God being like a seed which grows all by itself (Mark 4:26-29).
- The Apostle Paul writes in Corinthians that he planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but it was God who gave the growth. (1 Corinthians 3:6)
- The Mustard seed is described as the smallest seed, yet we are assured that if our faith is as big as a mustard seed, we can achieve great things (Matthew 17:20).
- We ourselves are also described as seeds. Referring to God’s promise to Abram that his descendants or “seed” would be as numerous as the stars, Paul writes in Galatians that we are Abraham’s seed (Galatians 3:29)
We feel that just as a seed has everything in it to grow to become the plant God intended, we ourselves are a seed, and as we travel, we believe that we are planting seeds everywhere we go. We feel it fitting then, that we call ourselves The Seed.
On our site you will find all sorts of information about who we are and what we do. We post up audio files of our preaches for as many Sundays as we can. After 6 months, to preserve space on our server, these get archived and removed. We do keep copies locally and they can be emailed to you on request.
The SeedFaith, derived from Latin fides and Old French feid, is confidence or trust in a person, thing, or concept. In the context of religion, one can define faith as confidence or trust in a particular system of religious belief. The Seed has so much Faith in all that we do, in all that we share.The Seed meet for Prayer every week. The community gathers for strength, sharing in prayer for others, for family, friends and a better world that we share. Prayer in numbers or prayer in solitude.Our Community is growing. The Seed values each and every person who joins us in prayer, in need or to share happiness and well being among everyone.
Community & Support
In September 2014, Julian & Wendy Richards and Steve & Sarah Stotesbury started praying and meeting together. A number of people joined us and a small community developed. In the summer of 2016, we felt it right to start meeting more “formally” on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings since that time.
The Bible uses a number of metaphors to describe believers, and we feel that each one helps us to understand what it means to follow Jesus together…
In 1 Corinthians, the apostle Paul writes to Christians who are dividing over minor issues (read 1 Corinthians 1:10-12), and in his letter, he declares that he had “resolved to know nothing but Christ Jesus and Him crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2). There can be many different shades of belief about all sorts of aspects of the Christian faith, but the most important belief is this one… Jesus Christ died to save sinners (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, 1 Peter 3:18, 1 John 3:16, 1 John 4:10). For us this is our bottom line, we are not willing to reject anyone who has a different “take” on some other more minor point of faith..
Community & Support