Welcome to the Seed Christian Fellowship
“We are unable to gather at the moment due to the Corona virus, there will therefore be no further meetings until further notice. However, Julian our Pastor, is Live Streaming a mini church service on Facebook every Sunday at 10:30am
You are very welcome to join us; just go onto Facebook and then search for “The Seed UK” or click here. You will be able to watch past services too. You will see comments left by other viewers and you’re invited to add yours too. It’s good for us to know when visitors have joined us. “
Enjoy and please Stay Safe!
We are a small group of followers of Jesus Christ who meet together to worship God, encourage one another and BE His people where we live in the South West of the UK. We also travel and minister in various churches in the region and further afield, and have a great time with them preaching, teaching, leading worship, taking services and so on.
The Bible uses the metaphor of a seed in a number of ways :
- Jesus tells a story about a farmer who scatters seed which falls on different types of ground, and when asked by the disciples about it, explains that the seed represents the word of God (Luke 8:11). The word of God is also described as a seed in 1 Peter 1:23, when Peter writes to the believers that they have been born again not of perishable seed, but imperishable – the living word of God.
- Jesus also talks about the kingdom of God being like a seed which grows all by itself (Mark 4:26-29).
- The Apostle Paul writes in Corinthians that he planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but it was God who gave the growth. (1 Corinthians 3:6)
- The Mustard seed is described as the smallest seed, yet we are assured that if our faith is as big as a mustard seed, we can achieve great things (Matthew 17:20).
- We ourselves are also described as seeds. Referring to God’s promise to Abram that his descendants or “seed” would be as numerous as the stars, Paul writes in Galatians that we are Abraham’s seed (Galatians 3:29)
We feel that just as a seed has everything in it to grow to become the plant God intended, we ourselves are a seed, our local church meetings in Cheddar occur weekly, and as we travel, we believe that we are planting seeds everywhere we go. We feel it fitting then, that we call ourselves The Seed.
On our site you will find all sorts of information about who we are and what we do as metaphorically your local church. We post up audio files of our preaches for as many Sundays as we can. After 6 months, to preserve space on our server, these get archived and removed. We do keep copies locally and they can be emailed to you on request.